ISO 27001 Certification
Businesses are thriving in an era where the digital footprint of the organizations is constantly growing at an exponential rate. This includes humongous data in the form of information about members, records of data coming in and sent out of the company. Storing and managing such an amount of data is task enough and at the same time prone to multiple risks. These risks may come not be limited to digital domain; breaches may happen through unexpected sources like pictures, etc. Hence it is imperative for every company to equip their systems so as to manage security threats and avoid risks exposing their data to liability, or criminal activities.
We at CUNIX Infotech, help you secure your systems and minimize the risks or threats from such sources. We provide ISO 27001 certification to our customers in Mumbai, Pune, and Bangalore. ISO 27001 is an international standard certification which is known as a best practice in information technology. The certification will aid your company to manage and protect your information assets and valuable data. Implementing ISO 27001 certification will help your company gain manifold and consistent benefits. Not only will it keep your confidential data secure, it will instill a lot of confidence in your stakeholders and customers, seeing how you are safeguarding your data against security threats. Also, with this certification facilitates compliance with other regulations and all the legal obligations are ensured as well. Assurance of high security of data ultimately enhances customer satisfaction, providing you a competitive edge and helping you retain your clients.
Implementation Steps of ISMS/ ISO 27001
- Kick-Off Meeting: In this step, the assigned consultant from CUNIX meets the client to clearly understand the present scenarios and the expectations from the client.
- Implementation Team Formation: CUNIX consultant will recommend the client organization for the formation of ISMS implementation team.
- Awareness Training: CUNIX consultant will give awareness training to Client Implementation Team on ISO 27001:2013 manual. After this training, the implementation team will have a good understanding of the standard.
- Gap Assessment: Gap Assessment is conducted by the CUNIX consultant at Client site against ISO 27001:2013 requirements.
- Statement of Applicability: CUNIX consultant will guide implementation team in creation of Statement of Applicability (SoA) based on the Gap Assessment.
- Information Asset list: CUNIX consultant will guide the implementation team in collection of the Information Asset lists from various Departments of the Organization.
- Asset Inventory: CUNIX consultant will guide the implementation team in compilation and classification of assets to finalise the Asset Inventory. Click here for ISMS consulting in Pune
- Risk Assessment: CUNIX consultant will conduct Risk Assessment for the Information Assets listed in Asset Registers.
- Controls Identification: CUNIX consultant with the implementation team will do identification of controls based on Risk Assessment.
- SoA Review: CUNIX consultant will review the SoA(Statement of Applicability) based on Risk Assessment.
- Risk Treatment Plan: CUNIX consultant will guide the implementation on preparation of Risk Treatment Plan based on reviewed SoA(Statement of Applicability).
- ISMS Manual Creation: CUNIX consultant will guide the implementation team on creation of mandatory procedures, formats etc required for implementation of ISMS.
- Review of Risk Treatment Plan: CUNIX consultant will do review of progress of Risk Treatment Plan and will guide the implementation team at client organization about the scope of improvements if needed.
- Review of ISMS: CUNIX consultant will conduct the review of ISMS at the client organization and will suggest improvements if needed.
- Internal Audit: CUNIX consultant will be selecting and training the internal auditors from the implementation team for carrying out internal audit at the client organization.
- Closure of Non-Compliances: CUNIX consultant will guide the implementation team at client organization in closure of Non-Compliances.
- Certification Audit: Final step where the client organization will go for audit. For ISO 27001:2013, CUNIX provide Consulting services and have association with various certification bodies. CUNIX consultants recommend the client organizations the appropriate certification body for final external audit.
ISO 27001:2013 is an international standard certification which is known as a best practice in Information Security Management System. The certification will aid your company to manage and protect your information assets and valuable data.
Implementing ISO 27001:2013 Certification will help your company gain manifold and consistent benefits. Not only will it keep your confidential data secure, it will instill a lot of confidence in your stakeholders and customers, seeing how you are safeguarding your data against security threats.
Benefits of doing ISO 27001:2013 are:
- Gain credibility, trust and confidence of your organizations customer.
- Compliance with legislation
- Competitive advantage- deciding differentiator in contract negotiations
- Prevention of confidentiality breaches
- Meeting international benchmarks of information security
Yes. According to the ISO 27001:2013 standard, information security is not just about antivirus software, implementing the latest firewall, or locking down your laptops! An ISO 27001:2013 aligned ISMS (Information Security Management System) helps organizations coordinate their security efforts both electronic and physical coherently and consistently. An ISO 27001:2013-compliant ISMS includes regular staff awareness training, and also measures for surveillance, continual improvement and maintenance that contribute to developing a culture of security throughout the organization. In addition, ISO 27001:2013 requires leadership commitment to support the ISMS, which again drives a total culture of security.
The entire process of ISO 27001:2013 project which includes Consulting and Audit takes around 4-5 months. The time for entire project depends upon readiness of the client organization to complete the project in given timeline, number of business sites going for certification, presence of dedicated information security team etc. Usually, in the beginning of any initiative the organization works in full enthusiasm but with passage of time managements priorities changes and project gets delayed. For ISO 27001 Certification in Bangalore contact CUNIX.
Not at all. The ISO 27001:2013 standard will help you establish information security policy in your organization and assessing various risks associated with critical information of your organization. The most important of all is preventing the case of Wiki Leaks happening to your organization. Contact CUNIX for ISO 27001 Certification In Pune and any location in India and abroad.
We can compare certification audit with exams and consulting activity with preparation for exam. Therefore, a candidate can pass the exam with 33% marks or with 95% marks. So, it depends upon the client organization which option they want to go for. In todays competitive business world, most of the organizations go for different certifications just for marketing purposes. But, there are significant number of organizations who want real improvement as well.
For ISO 27001:2013, CUNIX is a consulting body. We consult client organization in implementing the ISO 27001:2013 standard. For Audit, we guide the client organization as we have tie-ups with major certifications bodies which are accredited with leading Accreditation bodies. For ISO 27001 in Mumbai contact us.
The validity of ISO 27001:2013 certificate is 3 years. However, to maintain the certified status the organization needs to go for surveillance audit at the end of 2 consecutive years following the certification year. For more details, refer Question-10.
Yes, there are two surveillance audit required to maintain the certified status of the ISO 27001:2013 standard. The organization needs to go for surveillance audit at the end of 2 consecutive years following the certification year.
For example, an organization gets ISO 27001:2013 certified in the year April, 2010. Then, it has to go for two surveillance audits in the consecutive years i.e. 2011 and 2012. The certificate will be valid till April, 2013. Re-certification will be required for organization in the year 2013.
For ISO 27001:2013, CUNIX is a consulting body. We consult client organization in implementing the ISO 27001:2013 standard. For Surveillance, we guide the client organization as we have tie-ups with major Certifications Bodies which are accredited with leading Accreditation bodies.
Location is not a constraint for CUNIX. We have presence all over India and across the globe. We have successfully done more than 300 consulting projects in 19 countries. We have 350+ satisfied clients spread across the world.
Contact CUNIX for ISO 27001 certification in Dubai or ISMS consulting in Dubai, ISO 27001 Consulting in Qatar and ISO 27001 Consulting in Kuwait